Pages

Thursday 16 March 2017

The Vital facts about new CAF President Ahmad Ahmad

Madagascar FA chief Ahmad Ahmad is now the new President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) after defeating Cameroonian Issa Hayatou 34-20 during the 39th CAF General Assembly in Ethiopia on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
Checkout vital facts you need to know about new CAF President Ahmad Ahmad
New CAF President Ahmad Ahmad
Hayatou had been the president of CAF since the year 1988, and Ahmad Ahmad's victory had brought a new dawn to African football.
Here are 3 facts about the new CAF president Ahmad Ahmad.
He is from Madagascar
Ahmad took the reins of the Madagascar Football Federation in 2003. He is from a northwestern Malagasy village and is the first Madagascan to run for the presidency of a continental confederation.
He is a silent member of CAF’s Executive Committee.
Not until Ahmad Ahmad of Madagascar came out to challenge Issa Hayatou, many did not know that he is a CAF Executive Committee member because he was a silent member.
He seems to have a different ideology in football administration
He said before the election that if he wins, politics will have no place in African football.
"My program is the reform of the administration of Caf to avoid the involvement of politics in the organization.“A good candidate… I can’t say, but I am a candidate for change and the majority wants change. I am the only one who could dare present a candidacy for the change. And I am vying to bring this change.”
“What makes my programme different is its uniqueness, I want to reform the administration, I can’t work with the current administration.”
"I took (my decision) after hearing some federation presidents (say they) want change."

No comments:

Post a Comment