Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Okocha more skilfull than Abedi Pele – George Weah

Weah, a politician in Liberia, ranks the Super Eagles legend above himself and Ghana legend Abedi Pele
- Okocha ranked one of the best 125 players ever, never won the CAF African Player of the year award
Liberian legend George Weah says former Super Eagles number 10, Austin Okocha is the most skillful African footballer ever, even more than Abedi Pele.
Weah, the only African player to ever win the Ballon d'Or ranked Okocha as a more skillful player than himself annd Ghanaian legend Abedi Pele.
Okocha more skilfull than Pele – George Weah
George Weah ranked Okocha Africa's most skillful player ever. Photo: thenff/Twitter
“Abedi is a strong player, he’s a creative player but Jay Jay is more skillful. Even me, Jay Jay has more techniques than me,” said Weah.
“All the things that Jay Jay does on the field, we don’t even do one percent of it.
“So Jay Jay is a legend when it comes to that; he is very creative, he is very smart and he knows how to do tricks.
"For me I don’t do tricks, I will score a good goal and when I am squeezed up, I know how to run around. But to put the ball on the ground and play with it, I give it to Jay Jay; he is an entertainer,” adds the 50-year-old.

Okocha won 75 caps for the Super Eagles during his illustrious career.
He never won the CAF African Player of Year award, was a runner-upon two occasion and named one of the 125 best footballers ever by FIFA.

No comments:

Post a Comment