Pages

Friday 9 February 2018

2019: Kwakwaso kicks off presidential campaign in Anambra

Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (APC-Kano Central) has kicked off his 2019 presidential campaign with a visit to Anambra on Thursday, February 8, New Telegraph reports.
During his visit to the southeast state, Kwankwaso, who is also a former governor of Kano state, met with the Hausa community in the state and the leadership of his group in the state, the Kwakwaso Movement, which is led by Eddy Ndiche.
Our source also gathered that on arrival in the state, Kwankwaso also paid a courtesy call to the traditional ruler of Ogidi, Igwe Alex Onyido, who reportedly gave him a royal blessing.
The senator then moved to Ndiche’s house, where he noted that his first hurdle would be to emerge victorious at the primaries of the All Progressive Congress, as he addressed his group. To this end, he asked for support to achieve his goal.
The APC chieftain stated that his decision to contest for the presidency was informed by the economic meltdown and incessant killings in the country.
He said: “I am in this contest because I want to restore the lost glory of the country. I have come to see the people of the state and thank them for their support to me.
“The southeast region is important in this journey because we cannot do without them. I need your support.
“Election is not a do-or-die and my successor, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, who is opposing my ambition should have a rethink and join me to better the welfare of Nigerians.
“The only hurdle before us is the primary election. I assure you, if I am able to win the primaries, winning the main election will not be difficult because I know I will win."
He called on the federal government to show more concern towards the governed, as he lamented over the recent killings in the country.
The senator also commended the Hausa community for coming out in large numbers to welcome him.
Speaking at the occasion, Ndiche lauded the senator for making time for the visit despite his busy schedule and assured him that Anambra state would support his ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment