Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Breaking: Why I left APC - Governor Ortome

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state who resigned as a member of the state chapter of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) disclosed that he decided to take the action because the party continued to launch attacks on him.
Governor Ortom who today Wednesday, July 25 defected to the Peoples Democratic Party said 10 out of the 17 state lawmakers elected on the platform of the APC are ready to follow him to PDP.
Our source gathered that Ortom made the declaration of his defection during a meeting with local government chairmen and councillors at the new banquet hall of Government House, Makurdi.
It was learnt that thirteen local government chairmen and 276 councillors were in attendance.
Ortom said: “The state chapter has continued to launch an attack on me. Despite the intervention of APC national leadership. This morning, I had wanted to go to Abuja to attend the meeting but some youths in the state refused, they asked me to go back.
“But let me formally inform this gathering that I have forwarded my resignation letter from the APC to the chairman of my council ward and he has promised to join me in the new party.
“As I talk to you, ten (10) out of seventeen (17) state lawmakers of All Progressive Congress, APC are ready to follow me to the new party. May I formally announce to you that I have formally moved to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.”
Meanwhile,the publicity secretary of the APC in Benue, Agbo Terkula resigned both his membership of the party and the position he occupied.
In a letter of resignation, dated Wednesday, July 18, 2018, addressed to the state chairman of the party, Terkula claimed the APC controlled federal government did not represent the interests and yearnings of the people of the state.
”The APC which controls the government at the centre does not represent the yearnings and aspirations of the people of Benue state," he said.
He regretted the unprovoked killings of rural farmers by herdsmen and the displacement of farmlands and the plight of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s) in the state. He added that some of the reckless comments by top political appointees of the federal government had exacerbated the killings.
Place your adverts here call 08168603984.

No comments:

Post a Comment