Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

100-year-old woman set to marry lover who is 26 years younger

Love people do says have no bounds. There is no age, gender or race when the cupid hits you with the arrow of love.
100-year-old Norah Witkiss has shown just how true love beats all odds. The woman who is a retired school cook is set to tie the knot with a 74-year-old man, who she has been dating for 30 years.
Witkiss would be walking down the aisle to seal her union with Malcolm Yates who is a former bus driver. The loving couple had met at a modern sequence dancing in Meliden, Wales, United Kingdom.
Old couple
100-year-old woman set to marry lover who is 30 years younger Photo: UGC Source: mirror.co.uk
The couple will be joined by their close friends and family members for a meal and celebration, after taking their vows. Witkiss would be taking her vows in a beautiful black dress and a nice hat.
Yates and Witkiss walked down memory lane, talking about how they met. Witkiss said: "We met at modern sequence dancing in Meliden. I couldn't dance, but Norah was very good at it. She more or less taught me and helped bring me on. We went travelling a lot and would dance on holidays to Torquay. We liked the Cha-cha-cha the best. We're always out and about together."
The former school cook who was born in 1917, is a mother of one. She married her first husband, Fred Thomas, when she was 18.
Thomas had died in 1970. Although, her loss was sad, she refused to give up on love and married Bert Witkiss, a man she was with for 16 years and he died in the late 1980s.
But she later found companionship again through her life-long passion for sequence dancing, where she met Yates.
Old couple
The couple really love each other Photo: UGC Source: mirror.co.uk
With the joy of enjoying her life with Yates, Witkiss talks about the secret to longevity. She said: "I've had a very good life really, I've enjoyed it, I love meeting people and talking to people. I enjoyed working and going out, I never stopped, I was always on the go. I used to go out dancing with the girls, I liked it, especially if a chap picked you up."
"I don't dance any more because I can't turn and I'm afraid of falling over. But nobody believes me when I tell them I am 100, they think I'm joking.I don't feel 100 though, that's the main thing."
Place your adverts here call 08168603984.

No comments:

Post a Comment