Chisom Chukwuneke, a 17-year-old student who scored 7 A1 in the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, is dead.

The teenager, who was the best graduating student in her school, won many awards after achieving such feat. soq2

Sadly, her life has been cut-short despite having many dreams she wished to achieve.

The disclosure was made by a Facebook user identified as Stephen Joel II.

"This is sad. Girl who had the best 2019 waec result dies.Stephen wrote:

"The Parents of Chisom Chukwuneke, the best student from her school with 7 A1 in WAEC exams last year are deep in mourning.
"The parents lost their daughter who scored 7 A1 in her WEAC Examination last year. The young girl whose name is Chisom Chukwuneke, was the best graduating student in her school last year. She won many awards in her school, and now death has caught short the life of this Young girl.
"According to her father, she suffered a leg pain which later developed into something worse. May her soul rest in peace.

 

In a related story. Nigerian dancer Kafayat Shafau-Ameh popularly called Kaffy has been conferred with an honorary doctorate degree by Escae Benin University

The honorary degree was awarded to the dancer in recognition of her role as the pioneer in the business of dance in Africa.

Kaffy shared photos from the event on her official Instagram pages as congratulatory messages poured in from her fans and colleagues.

Dancer Kaffy

Dancer Kaffy was conferred with an honorary degree. Photo: Instagram/@kaffydance

According to the mother of two, the award is not just for her but for the dance industry.

Kaffy dedicated the award to dancers and every other person who can dare to dream.

Speaking on one of the moments she was being conferred with the award, Kaffy said,

"As a child, I looked through the Guinness book of world records and 18 years later I broke a Guinness world record. As a teenager, I pictured my face on billboards and on tv and I saw it happen, I lived it.
"I watch movies and motivational speeches done in the honorary gown of a doctorate honor and here I am honored with the least likely career choice. I have heard so many doubts that through dance I can amount to nothing not to talk of being celebrated or honored on this level In fact on many levels.
"I am here surrounded by Academics honoring me not for a certificate but for the application of every ounce of knowledge I have acquired in life both in school and on the street."