Mohammed also alleged that this is the same gang of federal appointees plotting his downfall by working with criminals to increase insecurity in Bauchi.

However, the governor said he cannot be harmed or brought down by such persons, adding that he will complete his days on earth as destined by God.

The governor disclosed this on Tuesday, July 13, when he launched the Kaura Economic Empowerment Programme (KEEP) for beneficiaries in Ganjuwa and Darazo local government areas of the state.Governor Mohammed speaking in Bauchi

The governor said only God can decide how long he will live (Photo: Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed)

Believing that no one knows the future, Mohammed, in a post shared on Facebook, said he may not live long enough to run for a second term in office or even witness the next presidential election come 2023.

His words:

"By the grace of God, I have become governor with or without them and of course, I will live my time allotted to me by Allah. I may go for a second term, I may not even live to that time; I may go for the presidency, there is nothing they can do. I know what they are doing.
“Those Abuja politicians are not doing anything for us other than bringing mischief. I know some leaders of the state who are busy bringing criminals to the state. I will talk when the time comes. We will prove tough but certainly, we are not afraid of them.”
He, therefore, called on the people of the state to eschew rumour and embrace love, togetherness and mutual affection.